September 18, 2018
12 noon – 1pm
155 Steuart St
- Experiences of Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC) Persons in Healthcare Encounters
- TGNC HIV Prevention Strategies
- Vulnerabilities for TGNC Persons in Relation to HIV
- Sustainable Strategies to Ensure Care Retention
Primary Care Specialist
UCSF Medical Center
Women's Health Primary Care
San Francisco, California
There are no fees for this activity.
- Discuss culturally competent terminology and practices for creating a gender-affirming clinical environment
- Explain the vulnerabilities that transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) persons experience specific to HIV
- Identify opportunities to implement TGNC-inclusive prevention strategies for HIV
- Employ sustainable strategies to ensure HIV care retention for TGNC persons living with HIV
Accreditation and Certification
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower designates this live meeting for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Annenberg Center for Health Sciences is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. A maximum of 1.0 contact hour may be earned for successful completion of this activity.
Instructions to Obtain a Cultural Competency Training Certificate
- Attend the live activity.
- Sign up to participate in the ELEVATE certificate program. You can find more info here.
- Engage with additional training, resource materials, and an interview on cultural competency training.
Note: Cultural competency training certificates will be awarded to individuals as well as entire practices that engage in the ELEVATE certificate program.*No ViiV funds will be used towards meals; Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP, will provide funding for all meals.